>Pay Dues Online
>Pool Rules
>Barking Dogs
>Party Nuisances
>ACC Requests
>Parking Issues
>How to Volunteer
>Meeting Minutes
>Past Publications
>Garage Sales
>Trash Cans
>Your HO Rights

Community Information


Links to this Page:
Association Information
ACC Improvements
Pets & Barking Dogs
Utilities & Services
Municiple Court
Leaves & Grass Clippings
Parking, Speed Limits & Traffic Signs
Parks & Recreation
Mail Delivery
Garbage Services
Garage Sales
Public Schools
District 10 City Council
Party Nuisances
File Police Report Online (SMART)
Prevent Crime in the Community

You must be signed into your FSR account to see your balance and billing history and view the secured sections of the portal. (community documents)


Access the FirstService ORV Portal


Homeowners were sent letters from FSR in March 2016 with a registration code needed for portal and account access. If you did not get this code, please email



Dear Homeowner,

Prior to purchasing your home, you were informed of Oak Ridge Village Homeowners Association and its many fine features.  The Board of Directors and the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) would like to welcome you to our community and provide you more information about the Association's rules and regulations, services provided by outside agencies, utilities and phone numbers for your convenience.

Homeowners in Oak Ridge Village want to make it a better place to live and enhance long-term property values.  In order to do this, everyone must comply with the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (DCCR's) which are provided during the transaction of the purchase of your home.  Most violations occur as a result of insufficient information or misinformation.  The following information is provided to help clarify the requirements.  If you have any questions, please call the Association office at 210-829-7202.


The Oak Ridge Village Homeowners Association is a nonprofit organization.  The Association owns and maintains the common properties and facilities.  The common properties and facilities include, but are not limited to, public rights-of-way or easements, walls, fencing, club house, swimming pool, greenbelt landscaping, sprinkler systems and improvements.

Every homeowner is an automatic member of Oak Ridge Village Homeowners Association, shares a portion of the responsibility for it’s support and pays mandatory assessments.

The Oak Ridge Village assessments are billed in installments semiannually and are due on the 1st of January and the 1st of July of each year.  (If you do not receive a courtesy reminder statement, your account is still due and you should make arrangements for payment.)  Dues not paid within 30 days are delinquent and club house and pool privileges are suspended and your key cards are deactivated.


The offices of the Association are located (MAP) on the access road off of Loop 410 East at Harry Wurzbach.  It is a two-story tan building with “FirstService Residential" on the front of it.  The mailing address is 1600 N. E. Loop 410, Suite #202, San Antonio, Texas 78209, (210-829-7202).  Hours of operation are: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Administrative responsibilities are to represent the Association in providing for the physical maintenance and operation of the common facilities as well as administer the services of all contractors providing services to the Association.  Additional responsibilities include collecting assessments, making disbursements, establishing the budgets, keeping financial records and maintaining all administrative records of the Association.   The Association has other responsibilities, at the direction of the Board, such as assisting in Architectural review.

To facilitate these administrative duties and responsibilities, the Board of Directors has hired FirstService Residential as the Association’s management company. 

Building & Improvements Approval:

The Architectural Control Committee (ACC) must approve any exterior improvements to your home or property before work may be started.  It is the responsibility of each owner to submit plans for any improvement to the ACC for review at the time of submission of the plans. Plans must be approved in writing by the ACC prior to commencing construction.

"Improvement" is defined as any addition or change to the existing property.  Everything is covered from home additions, to sidewalks, replacement or treatment of fences, landscaping, lawn sculptures, pool, patios, decks, flagpoles, basketball goals, athletic equipment, radio/TV antennae, satellite dishes, backyard sheds, gazebos, playscapes, swing sets, exterior colors to home, changing of windows, etc.

For improvements, please submit (1) a copy of the official site plan (no hand-drawn or computerized replicas) of your property showing the exact location of the improvement that is being submitted. Please check your closing papers for the survey (see site plan example here) showing the Lot with easements, setbacks and a footprint of the home, (2) list of materials, colors, screening, etc. along with the (3) Improvement Request Form included in this web site. Additional copies of the form may be obtained from the Association office or downloaded from this web site on the FSR Website.


All household pets shall at all times, except when they are confined within the boundaries of a private single-family residence, be restrained or controlled by a leash, rope or similar restraint.  Please do not let your pets run loose.  In addition, please clean up after your pet when taking them for a walk, no one wants their landscaping damaged nor wants to clean up after someone else's pet.  Immediately report stray animals to Animal Control by dialing “311”.


Barking Dogs and Other Noise Nuisances:

If your neighbor’s dog is barking and disturbing you on a regular basis, or if there are any other “nuisance” type problems with a neighbor, please follow these procedures for the most expedient resolution:

1. Contact the HOA Office to file a complaint. A letter will be sent to the offending owner asking them to be courteous to their neighbors and to resolve the issue at once in an effort to promote harmony in the community (you will remain anonymous).
2. You, as the Complainant, should call “311” and register a complaint so that a file can be opened at Animal Services and/or Code Compliance. Make sure to get a complaint/report number from the operator when you call.  Or call 207-SAPD to report a disturbance when it is occurring so the police officer can be witness to the event.”.
3. Call “311” a few days later and request the status of the complaint/report number you were given above. Please note that Code Compliance policy states that it may take up to a week to 10 days to investigate the complaint.
4. If necessary, the Complainant should go down to Municipal Court and swear out a complaint using the complaint/report number given. At this point, your anonymity can no longer be preserved. The Municipal Court will serve the Defendant with a court date. Both the Defendant and Complainant must appear in court. Multiple Complainants will carry more weight in court (if more than one neighbor is affected).

The Complainant cannot be the HOA, it must be the party being affected. Furthermore, the complaining party has the duty of “proving the preponderance of the evidence.” In other words, you must prove that the dog(s), or other nuisances, are obstructing your Texas Property Owner’s right to quiet and peaceful enjoyment of your own property.

Utilities & Services:

CPS (City Public Service) provides electric and gas      210-353-2222

SAWS (San Antonio Water System) provides water     210-704-7297

ATT provides telecommunications service                  800-464-7928

Time Warner Cable provides telcom service               210-244-0500

City of San Antonio Customer Service                       “311”


CPS-Energy defines placement and maintains the streetlights.  If you notice a light out, please report it to CPS at 210-353-2222 or call the association office at 210-829-7202 or request repairs via CPS Streetlight Repair web site.

Want more street lights?  According to the city’s Public Works web site:

“Residential streets are typically lighted so that a silhouette is created by anything or anyone on the road at night.  This is created by providing a street light at each intersection and sometimes at mid-block if the block is over 600 feet in length.”

If you are interested in spearheading an initiative to get additional street lights, please volunteer and become a member of the Safety Committee or you can contact Public Works at 207-8075.  If an additional light is warranted, you will be mailed a form (basically a petition) which neighbors can sign.  Signatures are required from all neighbors residing adjacent to the proposed location of the light.

Parks and Recreation:

Most city parks are open from 5 AM - 11 PM. For more information on park hours and special event permits, call the reservations office at 210-207-7275 or visit their website at .

San Antonio Botanical Garden Blossom
555 Funston, 210-207-3250 15015 Heimer Road
Gardens, conservatory Playground, athletic fields

Brackenridge McAllister
3700 N. St. Mary’s 13102 Jones Maltsberger
Pavilions, playscapes, athletics fields Dog park, pavilions, picnic units, baseball fields

Department of Texas Parks and Wildlife 210-348-7375 or
Park Police 210-207-8590

Parking, Speed Limits & Traffic Control Signs & Signals:

The streets are public right-of-ways of the City of San Antonio and parking is permitted by anyone at any time.  Traffic and pedestrian control signs, street maintenance, and speed humps are installed and maintained by the City of San Antonio Public Works.  Call “311” to report damaged streets, sidewalks, signs, or signals.  Traffic and parking violations enforcement is the responsibility of the San Antonio Police Department.  Towing from public streets can be ordered by law enforcement only.  Call 207-SAPD to report traffic parking and/or moving violations.

Looking at the complaints and comments regarding traffic and streets, it’s obvious that there is considerable concern over the congestion caused by so many cars being parked in the street.  With so many cars parked along the curb, line-of-sight is greatly reduced when it comes to seeing children playing on the sidewalk or driveway and cars backing out of driveways.  Since we’re not a gated community where the streets are private, we have no authority to regulate parking in the street.  Our streets are city property and parking is regulated by state law and city ordinances.  Whenever possible though, please park your cars in your garage or driveway rather than in the street.  The safety of our children far outweighs any convenience that parking in the street may bring.

Below is a quick refresher course in parking laws and ordinances that come into play within Oak Ridge Village.

  • Angle parking is permitted only in approved and marked areas.  No street within Oak Ridge Village, including cul-de-sacshas been designated for angle parking. - city ordinance
  • Can’t park an oversized vehicle on a residential street.  Oversized is defined as greater than 8 feet tall, or greater than 8 feet in width, or greater than 24 feet in length including any attached trailers. - city ordinance
  • Can’t park unused cars in the street for more than 24 hours or at any time for purposes of storage, washing, greasing, repair, sale, or display of advertising signs/postures fixed to such vehicle. - city ordinance
  • Can’t park a vehicle on a sidewalk, in an intersection, or on a crosswalk. - state law
  • Can’t park within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection. - state law
  • Can’t park within 30 feet on the approach to a stop sign or yield sign. - state law
  • Can’t park within 15 feet of a fire hydrant. - state law
  • Can’t park in front of a public or private driveway. - state law
  • When parallel parking on two-way street, the right-hand wheels of the vehicle must be parallel to and within 18 inches of the right-hand curb. - state law

Although the homeowners’ association doesn’t have the power to self-enforce city ordinances and state laws, homeowners can ask for the assistance of local law enforcement to do so.  (call 207-SAPD)  The license number of the vehicle must be known.  Please report speeding violators to 207-SAPD, the HOA offices at 829-7202, or the Safety Committee to relay to our community’s S.A.F.F.E. Officer.

Newspaper Delivery:

Delivery of the San Antonio Express News is available by calling 210-250-2000.  For additional information visit their web site at

Mail Delivery:

Delivery is made Monday through Saturday and deposited in the cluster mailboxes provided by the builder.  The USPS Thousand Oaks Station, 15610 Henderson Pass, serves the Residents of Oak Ridge Village; please call 1-(800)-275-8777 if you have delivery problems. Keys and locks associated with individual mailboxes are the responsibility of the resident upon issuance of the initial keys. Any damage or loss of keys is the sole responsibility of the homeowner. For more information visit the USPS web site at www.usps.comYour new zip code is 78247.

Garbage Services:

The City of San Antonio Solid Waste Services provides garbage services.  Garbage (Brown Container) is picked up on Monday and recyclables (Blue Container) is picked up on Thursday.  The City issued covered trash containers should be placed at curb side only on the mornings of the scheduled collection days.

City of San Antonio, Codes and Ordinances, Chapter 14, Section 14-11 states in part:
“It shall be the duty of the owner, manager, tenant or occupant of any dwelling, building or premises to place all receptacles containing house hold and commercial refuse at the designated point of collection no earlier than 6:00 a.m. of the day of collections.  It shall be the duty of the owner, manager tenant or occupant to any dwelling, building or premises to remove all reusable receptacles from the collection point by 10:00 p.m. of the same day.  Receptacles not removed shall be declared a public nuisance and may be removed by the city.”

For more information on Dial-A-Trailer, Brush Collection, Recycling Options, Grasscycling, call the City’s Customer Service number “311” or visit the City’s web site at

Leaves & Grass Clippings:

Customers of the City of San Antonio’s Solid Waster Management Department can request special collections of bagged leaves and grass clippings. Leaves and clippings must be placed in paper lawn & leaf “kraft” bags or cardboard boxes. A maximum of 50 bags will be collected per request. The first two collections are free; additional collections are $20. Call 3-1-1 to request your collection. Avoid unwanted violation letters from the HOA by notifying the Association when you plan to place your bags at curb side.


Municipal Court:

401 South Frio Street, at the corner of Frio and Durango, just west of I.H. 35 South.
Hours: Monday-Thursday from 8 AM - 5 PM and Fridays from 8 AM - 7 PM.
Call United Way at 211 to see if you Qualify for a public defender


Texas Department of Public Safety VIA Metropolitan Transit
Information 210-531-2200
Roadside Assistance 800-525-5555 Customer Service 210-362-2020
Northeast Drivers License Office 210-659-7541

Airport 210-207-3450

Garage Sales:

Community Wide Garage Sales are dependent upon Social Committee volunteers to plan and organize these events. (Check the Calendar of Events for schedule of Community Wide Garage Sales) Individual homeowner garage sales are allowed.  The HOA asks that any signs that are placed in the community promoting these sales be removed promptly after the end of the sale period.  Garage Sale Permits are required in the city limits of San Antonio.  Call 210-207-8263 for more information on these permits.  Permits are now available online at


Public Schools*:

Northeast Independent School District (NEISD) -        210-407-0000

Wetmore Elementary, 3250 Thousand Oaks  -         210-481-4029

Driscoll Middle School, 17150 Jones Maltsberger -    210-491-6450

MacArthur High School, 2923 Bitters Road -             210-650-1100

 * Due to enrollment caps, the schools listed above are subject to change.  Please consult your school district’s main office for future plans.


Fire Protection & Rescue:

The San Antonio Fire Department provides fire fighting and rescue services.  In non-emergency situations, call 210-207-8492 or visit their web site at .


The San Antonio Police Department provides public law enforcement services.  In non-emergency situations, call 210-207-SAPD (7273) or visit their web site at .

District 10 City Council: 

The Oak Ridge Village community is located within the city limits of San Antonio and is part of District 10.  Visit the District 10 web site for more information on our current councilman and events at .

Building Permits            210-207-8220
Garage Sale Permits    210-207-8263
Burn Ban Permits          210-335-0300
Fireworks Hotline          210-207-7963

(Top of Page) 

[Home] [Information] [Gov Docs] [Amenities] [News & Events] [BOD] [Committees] [Violations] [Forms] [Links]