As a homeowner in our association, you have certain rights - and responsibilities.
You have the right to....
- A responsive and competent community association.
- Honest, fair, and respectful treatment by community leaders and administrators.
- Attend meetings, serve on committees, and run for election.
- Access appropriate association records.
- Prudent financial management of fees and other assessments.
- Live in a community where the property is maintained according to established standards.
- Fair treatment regarding financial and other association obligations, including the opportunity to discuss payment plans and options before the association takes any legal action, and the right to appeal decisions.
- Receive all the rules and regulations governing the community association -- if not prior to purchase and settlement, then upon joining the community.
- Access to ORVHOA financials. Contact Marisela Delgado - FirstService Residential - 210-582-5983.
You also have the responsibility to ....
- Maintain your property according to established standards.
- Treat association leaders with honesty and respect.
- Read and comply with rules and regulations of the community and ensure that your tenants and guest do too.
- Vote in community elections and on other issues.
- Pay association assessments and charges on time.
- Contact association leaders or administrators, if necessary, to discuss financial obligations and alternative payment arrangements.
- Request reconsideration of material decisions that personally affect you.
- Provide your current contact information to the association so you will receive all information from the community.